The practice has vast legal experience in all labor and employment related matters including advising both employees and employers on their rights and obligations.
Services include but are not limited to:
- drafting and assessing various labor and employment contracts;
- advising on the employment relationship;
- advising for compliance with the Employment Rights Act, 2012-9; the Severance Payments Act, Chapter 355A of the Laws of Barbados, the National Insurance and Social Security Act, Chapter 47 of the Laws of Barbados and the Employment Sexual Harassment (Prevention) Act, which was enacted on December 15, 2017 and other labor related legislation;
- representation before the Severance Payments Tribunals,
- representation before the National Insurance Boards; and
- representation before the Labour Department and Employment Rights Tribunals.
Ms. Douglin is a member of the Human Resource Management Association of Barbados (HRMAB), the Barbados Employers’ Confederation and the Employment Law Alliance.